We are Worshipping Warriors
This year our theme is“We are Worshipping Warriors”. In order for our children to become true worshipers they must learn to worship God in spirit and in truth. We must teach our children to pray and to praise in all circumstances.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Sign language video of memory verse:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AX_wiRPDI
1.Acts is in the New Testament. It was written about the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the Apostles.
2. Our memory verse says that we are to rejoice in all things. The story of Paul and Silas gives us an example of how to rejoice in difficult times.
3. We are worshipping warriors which means we worship God at all times because we know that he is faithful.
4. When we worship many others will be saved.
This lesson contains stories coloring sheets and crafts
Build a Road
Have children build a jail. Let two children pretend to be Paul and Silas in jail and one be the jailer.
Say: Let’s play a game of Tag to remember that God sent an earthquake to break Paul and Silas’ chains.
Choose one child to be the “jailer”—or tagger. Explain to kids that when they’re tagged, they must link arms with either the “Jailer or the previous person who was tagged to form a chain.
After a few minutes of play, yell out, “Earthquake!” When you do, everyone must stop and stomp their feet to make an earthquake rumbling noise. All of the kids who’ve been caught can break their chain and go free. But before they do, they must form a circle around the Jailer and say, “God loves you.” Choose another child to be tagger for the next round and continue playing.
Play several time
Give each child a musical instrument to use (tambourine, triangle, etc.) Teach them this song:
5-12 Year Olds Lessons
- PAUL AND SILAS interactive story
- Lesson-6-Paul-Silas-bible bowl
- CURR262 paul and silas worksheets
- 15. Paul & Silas chains numbered paper chain story review
Color and cut out these figures to make a poster of the memory verse.
Create a poster combining chains or bars with the memory verse
5-10 year olds Paul Cartoon movie
11-12 year olds -Paul Movie