Following Jesus, The Call for Disciples
Theme- Jesus can be a special friend. We have been called by Jesus to share the message of the Gospel and God’s love with others. We can help lead others to Christ.
Matthew 4:18-22, Luke 6:12-16
Memory verse for this rotation:
“And he said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.’” (Matthew 4:19).
- A disciple is a follower of a particular person and their teachings; an apostle is a person who acts as a personal representative of another.
- Jesus had a lot of disciples; he called 12 of these disciples to be his apostles.
- When Jesus called the 12, they couldn’t help but drop everything to follow him.
- Jesus calls us all to be disciples; he also may call us to do special jobs.
Biblical Explanation and Background for Teaching (click below)
- Creation Station: Tissue Paper Fish Craft Fish Crafts – Print your Fish Craft Template at AllKidsNetwork.com
- Powerzone Playhouse-Disciples TicTac Know game
- Powerzone Theater-Movie Room-Nest Animated movie- Miracles of Jesus
- Storytellers Tent-Story telling-first calling second calling
- Toddler Nursery
- Music Station- Use musical Instruments and sing song-12-disciples-song
- Literacy Station- Practice Writing the letter “F”-alphabet-letter-f-fishermen-dnealian-handwriting-practice-worksheet-preschool-printables word-search-letter-f-four-words-handwriting-practice-preschool-printable-activity fish-dot-to-dot
- Art Station- Making playdough fish (See sister Deborah if you need playdough)
- Games- Follow the leader and Fishing for people- preschool-activities