DOM Parent Zone
This is the place for you to find out what is going on in DOM Children’s ministry. We will also supply resources to help you as you minister to your children. Please feel free to leave comments on what you would like to see included in this space.
DOM Children’s Ministry PowerZone Theme for January-
Living a Life of Faith
Theme- Hebrews 11 tells us that it is impossible to please God without faith. It goes on to describe the lives of those who lived lives of faith in action. This theme of “Living a Life of Faith” will be continued throughout 2013 as we move through the books of the Bible teaching our children what faith in action means for their lives. We will start the series looking at the life of Noah.
Hebrews 11:1-7 Genesis 6-8, 9:1-17
Memory verses for this month:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
1.Genesis is the first book in the bible. It was written by Moses and tells the earliest history of God’s people beginning from creation. It tells the story of many people who lived the life of faith in God.
2. Jesus gave His life for us. He believed God’s plan for redemption. He is our example of living a life of faith.
3. God saved Noah because of his faithfulness and obedience to God.
4. When we live a life of faith in God we may have to do things that look foolish to others.
For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
1 Corinthians 1:25
5. We show our faith in the Lord by our actions.
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Tips for helping your child know and understand the lessons this month:
This month we are learning about how Noah Lived a life of Faith in God.. We are encouraging our children to live a life that pleases God no matter what others do just like Noah! Please help your child to identify ways that they can live a life of faith. Share with them ways that you are putting your faith in action. Pray with your child for strength to live a life that pleases God.
- Read the bible with your child on a weekly basis- you can use scripture from children’s ministry lessons for the month.
- Help your child to learn the memory verse. Quiz them during car rides, at dinner etc.
- Ask you child to tell you what they learned during children’s ministry on Sunday and go over any papers sent home.
DOM PowerZone Events for January:
- Resurrection Service Rehearsal -Every Wednesday at 7PM
- Resurrection Service– March 27, 2013
- Girls Night Out -April 2013- Donations of food and volunteers needed!
Parent Zone Ministry Minute…
Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward (Psalm 127:3)
Parenting is perhaps the hardest, but most rewarding job there is. There is no greater calling. Only God can give us the guidelines needed for raising children that will honor Him.
A Christian has an advantage in that God’s word is a living tool to help cultivate the life that has been entrusted to a parent for a few years.
- The godly parent must tell his children of God’s work in his life. Read and discuss Genesis 18:19 and Exodus 10:2.
- The godly parent must teach his children the Word of God. Read and discuss Deuteronomy 11:18-19, Proverbs 22:6, 2 Timothy 1:5, 3:14-17.
- The godly parent knows how to lovingly guide his child. Read and discuss Ephesians 6:1-4, Colossians 3:20-21
- The godly parent comforts his children. Read and discuss Proverbs 15:1, Isaiah 66:13, Colossians 4:6, 1 Thessalonians 2:11
- The godly parent provides for his children. Read and discuss Matthew 7:9-10, 2 Corinthians 12:14, 1 Timothy 5:8
- The godly parent is in charge. Read and discuss Joshua 24:15 and 1 Timothy 3:4-5
- The godly parent must correct his child. Read and discuss Proverbs 3:11-12, 13:24, 23:13, 29:17, Hebrews 12:7-11
More information on these tips can be found at: www.onefocusministries.com/word/focus.php?7-Parenting-Tips-from-the-Word-of-God-36#.UOtAcI7kvqU