DOM Powerzone: Your Partners in Ministry
Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Luke 10:3
Welcome to the DOM Parent Zone!
This is the place for you to find out what is going on in DOM Children’s ministry. We will also supply resources to help you as you minister to your children. Please feel free to leave comments on what you would like to see included in this space.
About DOM Children’s Ministry PowerZone
We minister to children ages 0-12. We have nursery and toddler rooms where the Gospel of Jesus christ is lovingly shared through songs and play. Children aged 5-12 rotate through the same bible lessons with different themes each week – Arts and Crafts Room, Movie Room and Storytelling, Games and Drama Room. Children are asked to bring a notebook and bible and receive bible bucks that they can spend during our 5-12 Combined Services held on the first Sunday of each month in the basement.
DOM Children’s Ministry PowerZone Theme for 2016
This year our theme is “We are Worshipping Warriors”. In order for our children to become Worshipping Warriors they must understand who God is. They must learn to worship God in spirit and in truth. They must learn to put on the whole armor of God. Here is a devotion on worship:
Memory verse for this year:
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here some tips on Family Worship
The Faith Focused Family 5
1. Take time (daily! if possible) to gather as a family and share “highs” and “lows”. Listen as each person shares the best (high) and worst (low) part of their day. Pray about the things that have been shared as a family, or as a parent, take note about what your child has shared and use the information during your personal prayer time.
2. Make the Bible and prayer requests visible. Dedicate a special dry-erase/chalk/cork board in your home to displaying a different Bible verse each week. Invite your family members to write prayer requests for both challenges and joys on the board. Pray for them!
3. Say “repeat after me prayers”. The “prayer” offers their prayer, pausing after every 2-4 words so others may repeat what has been said. This is a great way to engage everyone in praying and to model prayer for small children.
4. Bless your kids! Place your hand on them and say something like the traditional words found in Numbers 6:24-26, May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord look upon you with favor and give you peace. Feel free to give a blessing in your own words too! Before children leave for school in the morning and bedtime are two particularly appropriate times for a blessing.
5. Serve together! Scripture and prayer are important, but so is service. Look into serving at a food pantry, soup kitchen, or participate in any project you can do as a family that helps care for others. Let the family brainstorm and decide on projects together. Making family service projects a quarterly or monthly tradition can really help everyone understand how important it is to give.
Ministry Calendar of Activities and Lessons:
Tips for helping your child know and understand the lessons each month:
We are learning about how Jesus made friends and taught them to bring others to know him. We are encouraging our children that they can share Christ with their friends too! Please help your child to identify a friend that they would like to help to know Jesus. Pray with your child for that person.
- Read the bible with your child on a weekly basis- you can use scripture from children’s ministry lessons for the month.
- Help your child to learn the memory verse. Quiz them during car rides, at dinner etc.
- Ask you child to tell you what they learned during children’s ministry on Sunday and go over any papers sent home.
DOM PowerZone Events :
- Service project- visit to Nursing home – February 22, 2016 2PM
- Easter Program Rehearsal every Monday evening 7PM- Based on the gospel of John
- Girl’s night Out– May- date TBD
- Boy’s night out– June – date TBD
- Recognition Service -June – Donations of cupcakes needed! Please fill out an information sheet (below) for each of your children so that we can honor them at the service! Send photos of them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in powerpoint presentation at the event. All children in the Resurrection service, Hero’s Alliance Science fair, Robotics teams and 2016 graduates will also be recognized.
Recognition service information sheet:DOM Recognition service Information Sheet
- Vacation Bible School- July -date TBD
Parent Zone Ministry Minute…
You are your child’s first pastor. They look to you to learn about who God is and how to live a life of faith. What do they see when they look at you? Are you…
- regularly studying the word with your children?
- sharing how God works in your life with you children?
- sharing your faith with others?
- giving your time talent and resources to this and other ministries that God has called you to?
- praying with your children everyday?
Let your life be the first lesson your children learn about living a life of faith!
If you missed the Parent meeting last Sunday here is the Parent information sheet that was distributed. Please please contact Sister Deborah Brown at email@example.com to serve one Sunday during the year in Children’s Ministry.